Saturday, December 14, 2013

But Mommy, its a friendly Bat!

Whenever a toddler says, "Oooh, look at the beautiful butterfly," (while you are inside your Michigan house in November) ducking is the appropriate response. I, unfortunately, looked up in time to see a bat flying straight at my head.

Lots of screaming followed...and ducking each time it swerved near my head...followed by more screaming.

This of course got the boys (humans and dogs) very excited. Graham kept trying to convince me that it was a "friendly bat."

And I'm sure it was very friendly! Afterall, it decided to see if we would be good roommates.

I actually love bats...the outside kind. And will be installing several bat houses in the woods at our new property. I just prefer the bats (friendly and otherwise) not be flying around our house swooping near my head!


Here they are, bored by the flying rodent.

And there it is, dazed and confused by the lights and my screaming, the dogs barking, and the thrilled toddler voices. Poor thing! Reid eventually got him outside with a tennis racket.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment