I suggested that I get a baby doll for Graham so he could understand the concept of baby....and have something to rock and practice the concept of "gentle" ....but Reid got all fearful and forbid me from buying his son a doll. Reid had a baby boy doll when he was little and it didn't seem to damage him psychologically in the long run--however he did paint the boy parts on the doll silver. I should have saved that doll.
Hehe! Somehow I don't think "gentle" is in Graham's vocabulary yet. We were trying to teach Maddy to be gentle last night at dinner, but she just smiled and banged her sippy cup on the table even harder... Aren't toddlers fun!
I suggested that I get a baby doll for Graham so he could understand the concept of baby....and have something to rock and practice the concept of "gentle" ....but Reid got all fearful and forbid me from buying his son a doll. Reid had a baby boy doll when he was little and it didn't seem to damage him psychologically in the long run--however he did paint the boy parts on the doll silver. I should have saved that doll.
ReplyDeleteHehe! Somehow I don't think "gentle" is in Graham's vocabulary yet. We were trying to teach Maddy to be gentle last night at dinner, but she just smiled and banged her sippy cup on the table even harder... Aren't toddlers fun!
ReplyDelete